This position is 100% field work.
The Rigging Inspection Technician is an entry level role. This is a front-line employee with direct customer contact and is a valued, essential part of the company’s success; in addition to technical skills, people skills are vital for effective customer relationship management and decision-making.
1. Review, interpret and understand codes, instructions and specifications per inspection.
2. Inspect items as directed, determine if items pass or fail, document/submit appropriate report(s) as required.
3. Produce all varieties of predetermined inspections, without instruction, to meet or exceed the Company’s Quality Assurance Standards.
4. Move and handle material as required to complete inspection.
5. Complete daily paperwork accurately and completely, i.e. inspection reports, etc.
6. Report defective or substandard material or products to customer and Supervisor.
7. Inspect and document each item as required; obtain customer satisfaction with proper signatures on the SRO.
8. Display courteous professional service; report and discuss customer issues, opportunities, threats, and problems with appropriate company personnel.
9. Maintain work area, company vehicle and equipment in a clean and orderly condition; follow all Safety Guidelines.
10. Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED is required; trade school or military experience preferred.
Experience & Skills
· Experience in a service, inspection, or production environment is a plus.
· A working knowledge of manufacturers and industry standards, including ANSI and OSHA, is a plus but will train the right candidate meeting our cultural requirements.
· Certified inspector a plus but will train the right candidate meeting our cultural requirements.
· Requires solid written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical, conceptual and planning skills are required.
· Overall basic IT/PC/Technology literacy a plus but will train the right candidate.
· Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to multi-task.
· Must successfully complete a criminal background check, physical, drug screen and E-verify.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace