The Supply Chain Manager is a member of the NTM leadership team, reporting to the Vice President. The Manager is responsible for close collaboration with the Vice President to formulate and implement the NTM Suppy Chains Strategy. When beneficial to NTM and Mazzella Companies, the Manager will collaborate with the Mazzella Companies Supply Chain and teams to leverage the advantages of the larger group.
The Manager is responsible to direct, manage and coordinate the NTM (Denver & Hermosillo) Supply Chain teams to ensure that all customer and operational requirements are satisfied.
1. Manages the NTM Supply Chain strategies and processes as defined by the NTM organizational chart.
2. Ensures that the required parts and materials are available to all NTM location as needed to provide the shortest time to deliver and on time delivery.
3. Optimize raw materials and finished goods storage at all NTM locations.
4. Optimize the total supply chain costs and JIT inventory methods.
5. Maintains on-going communications with the NTM management team as appropriate, regarding problems or issues related to supply chain issues and opportunities.
6. Collaborates with internal/external vendor partners about supply chain and other NTM requirements.
7. Develop new supply sources where vendors are inadequate and researches new vendor / product opportunities in conjunction with management.
8. Negotiate blanket purchase orders, when appropriate, and monitors cost during the set time period.
9. Creates, analyzes, reports and improves NTM metrics against NTM goals.
10. Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
11. Uses Mazzella performance management process to evaluate staff/employees, quarterly, yearly and in real time for course correction.
12. Reviews production schedules, process flow, data and activities with the Production Planning and Buyer/s and directs revisions as required.
13. Responsible for improving performance, productivity, eﬃciencies and profitability through the Director’s control using eﬀective processes and continuous improvement strategies including key processes from the MMS (Mazzella Management System), e.g. KPIs, CARs, process documentation.
14. Perform cost benefit analysis, ROI and monitor supply chain and logistic costs to support the financial objectives of the business as defined by the budget; provides input to the annual budget process.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED is required; an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Business / Production Planning / Supply Chain Management or related discipline is preferred; in the absence of a degree, directly-related job experience serving in a management role in a manufacturing facility, where a number of years and proven knowledge may offset the degree requirement
Experience & Skills
1. At least 5 - 10 years of Supply Chain Management or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
2. Proven track record managing supply chain teams and processes in a manufacturing company.
3. Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities; strong analytical, conceptual and planning skills are required.
4. Experience in development of company purchasing strategies, as well as experience in analysis, development and implementation of purchasing processes.
5. Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and tracking and trending organizational metrics.
6. Ability to identify cost savings strategies and implement promptly and effectively.
7. Must be a team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus using proven problem solving and collaboration skills.
8. Must be highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, and commitment oriented.
9. Excellent math skills and overall PC literacy (Microsoft Office) are required.
10. Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to handle multi-tasks.
11. Requires solid written and verbal communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization.
Travel for this position will be as needed to support project requirements in Mexico, Cleveland, OH and Strategic Suppliers but is estimated to be less than 20%.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace