Generates new revenue producing business via field sales visits and phone contact; helps customers understand the benefits of using Mazzella Companies products and services. Responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling products and services. Develops relationships to be able to sell to new prospects; maintains current relationships to sell additional products and services.
1. Sells products and services within an assigned territory and utilizes a consultative approach through field visits and telephone sales to new and existing customers; recommends product and service enhancements that increase sales and capitalize on margin potential.
2. Understands customer base and Company products and services. Seeks opportunities to solve customer needs and provide solutions that meet customer requirements in all areas from production to maintenance.
3. Prepares and presents professional proposals that aid in closing business.
4. Partners with insides sales department to achieve customer retention goals.
5. Utilizes the Company’s customer relationship management system to maintain complete call records and valid customer/account information which supports increased product sales goals.
6. Promotes services and training programs that assist customers in all overhead lifting product areas, above or below the hook, slings, cranes, hoists, and wire rope systems.
7. Partners with Segment Managers to develop, monitor and achieve segment targets and goals. Identifies customer issues and partners with management to address any customer opportunities or threats.
8. Plans, organizes and coordinates with management to qualify opportunities, projects or contract management.
9. Maintains knowledge of competitive landscape; maintain knowledge of current OSHA and ASME Standards.
10. Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED is required; an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, or related discipline; in the absence of a degree, directly-related job experience serving in an industrial sales role, where a number of years and proven knowledge may offset the degree requirement
Experience & Skills
EOE/Drug Free Workplace