The Project Manager reports to the Manager – Progressive Crane and works closely with all members of the Engineered Products team, other cross-functional stakeholders internal and external to the Engineered Products team. The Project Manager will primarily lead customer projects and will support other projects as directed to improve the business. The Project Manager will also be responsible for developing cost estimates and quotes on projects as required. The Project Manager will assist the Sales team in any way possible to drive revenue bookings, as well as assist the Production staff and subcontractors in having all projects shipped on time and within budget. This is a customer facing role.
The Project Manager is responsible for the planning and leading the execution of customer projects, from estimating to proposal approval through customer acceptance. Responsible for driving the project management process: initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing. The primary objectives of this position are customer satisfaction as measured by on-time delivery and customer feedback, performance to estimate, obtaining change orders when applicable, and overall process effectiveness and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable directing people from multiple disciplines to get the job done.
1. Respond to customer requests for price quotations, order placement, adjustments and cancellations.
2. Establish and maintain rapport with customers in order to provide best possible service
3. Maintain constant communication with the Sales team
4. Prepare quotations and resolve queries by utilizing computer systems, vendors or other required departments/divisions
5. Collect information from vendors to complete pricing for quotations
6. Execution of assigned customer projects using the project management process, best practices and tools by effectively leading the resources required by the project i.e.:
a. Manage vendors
b. Keep project timelines
c. Manage inventory and incoming deliveries
d. Completing customer documentation requirements
e. Create and meet or exceed budgets
7. Work with the Manager – Progressive Crane to ensure that the Engineering Products business has the capability and capacity, internal and external to satisfy forecasted customer projects and to grow the business
8. Thoroughly review all bid documents (drawings, spec, etc.) on all projects to understand scope of work
9. Lead regular project status meetings
10. Assist in expediting/communication with Production staff to ensure on-time deliveries
11. Prepare bill of material and enter purchase orders for all non-inventory products
12. Work with the Project Management Office to ensure corporate standards are met
13. Maintain vendor and subcontractor contact information to create and maintain a contractor list.
14. Manage timely billing on projects and help Accounting as needed to pursue payments
15. Performs other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s degree is required; PMP certification is preferred
Experience & Skills
• At least 3 years of project management or engineered customer projects, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• Experience in problem solving, technical capacity, and collaboration skills are strongly preferred
• Must be a team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
• Must be highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, and commitment oriented
• Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities; strong analytical, conceptual and planning skills are required
• Excellent math skills and overall PC literacy (Microsoft Office) are required
• Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to multi-task
• Requires solid written and verbal communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
• Proven track record of meeting and exceeding deadlines.
Physical Activity: Frequency:
Standing Rare ( < 10% of the workday)
Walking Rare ( < 10% of the workday)
Sitting Constant ( > 66% of the workday)
Talking and/or listening Constant ( > 66% of the workday)
Twisting of wrist / arm Constant (> 66% of the workday)
Travel for this position will be as needed to support project requirements but is estimated to be less than 50%
EOE/Drug Free Workplace