Generates new revenue producing business via field sales visits and phone contact; helps customers understand the
benefits of using Mazzella Companies products and services. Responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability,
growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling products and
services. Develops relationships to be able to sell to new prospects; maintains current relationships to sell additional
products and services.
1. Sells products and services within an assigned territory and utilizes a consultative approach through field visits
and telephone sales to new and existing customers; recommends product and service enhancements that
increase sales and capitalize on margin potential.
2. Understands customer base and Company products and services. Seeks opportunities to solve customer needs
and provide solutions that meet customer requirements in all areas from production to maintenance.
3. Prepares and presents professional proposals that aid in closing business.
4. Partners with insides sales department to achieve customer retention goals.
5. Utilizes the Company’s customer relationship management system to maintain complete call records and valid
customer/account information which supports increased product sales goals.
6. Promotes services and training programs that assist customers in all overhead lifting product areas, above or
below the hook, slings, cranes, hoists, and wire rope systems.
7. Partners with Segment Managers to develop, monitor and achieve segment targets and goals. Identifies customer
issues and partners with management to address any customer opportunities or threats.
8. Plans, organizes and coordinates with management to qualify opportunities, projects or contract management.
9. Maintains knowledge of competitive landscape; maintain knowledge of current OSHA and ASME Standards.
10. Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED is required; an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a
focus in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, or related discipline; in the absence
of a degree, directly-related job experience serving in an industrial sales role, where a number of years and proven
knowledge may offset the degree requirement.
Experience & Skills
At least 5 years of prior industrial sales experience with proven experience meeting and exceeding sales goals.
Experience in overhead lifting/rigging products is preferred.
Requires a results-oriented individual (“hunter” mentality) who is detail oriented, self-motivated and disciplined.
A proven track record of building and maintaining effective customer relationships within different organizations to
meet or exceed established goals for product sales.
Demonstrated strong organizational abilities, prior experience utilizing a Customer Relationship Management
system for business information tracking.
Valid driver’s license in good standing that meets company requirements.
Must be able to lift or pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
Requires solid written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
Strong analytical, conceptual and planning skills are required.
Excellent math skills and overall PC literacy (Microsoft Office) are required.
Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to multi-task.
Must successfully complete drug screen, physical and E-Verify.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace