Responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising the functions and personnel of the distribution center to ensure
superior customer satisfaction. Warehouse functions include safety, training, maintenance, product slotting, receiving,
picking, and shipping. Directs the day-to-day activities of the facility
Achieve world-class safety metrics (recordable incident rate and lost-time incident rate); champion programs that
foster associate safety and comply with OSHA regulations.
2. Ensure all rules and regulations of the facility are followed and all safety violations are reported and documented,
including corrective action; dispense appropriate disciplinary action and counseling.
3. Manage warehouse layout to promote safe, ergonomic work areas and optimized workflow; administer preventive
maintenance and housekeeping programs.
4. Provide and foster effective associate relations by ensuring practices are fair, consistent, and in accordance with
the “Mazzella Way” Management System.
5. Engage in open and honest communication to encourage associate feedback and to increase employee
engagement; actively support recognition and rewards programs to enhance the employee experience.
6. Manage all warehouse operations, including: receiving, picking, shipping, auditing, and maintenance.
7. Cultivate organizational excellence through leadership development, training, and coaching of distribution specialists.
8. Develop direct reports through a collaborative performance management process; perform annual evaluations on
9. Assure effective interaction of facility personnel with external Mazzella Companies departments, vendors, and
10. Utilize the “Mazzella Way” Management System, 5S program, and Lean principles to drive operational excellence,
process adherence, and continuous improvement.
11. Support initiatives that maintain and improve the facility’s quality metrics (inventory accuracy and order accuracy);
oversee the cycle counting and inventory control processes.
12. Provide leadership and manage resources to improve operational efficiency metrics (cartons per operations hour
and cost per carton).
13. Work with managers and supervisors to plan, develop, and refine programs to utilize facility systems and
equipment to improve productivity
A high school diploma or GED is required; an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
Experience & Skills
• 10+ years of experience in logistics, operations, and/or distribution management.
• 4+ years of experience in managing and supervising front-line employees.
• Demonstrated success in creating and sustaining a safe workplace.
• Prior experience with Lean/5S principles and change management.
• Strong PC capabilities, including experience with a Warehouse Management System (WMS); Oracle NetSuite
knowledge a plus.
• Ability to prioritize and organize responsibilities; ability to utilize key performance indicators and to hold self and